SO (there it is again!) upon looking for random question sites I found one I particularly like, because it isn’t quite as superficial as some of the others I had found. I have NO IDEA who Alli Simpson is-looks like a model or something-but I was so intrigued by her questions I was like WHY THE FUCK NOT! AND HERE WE GO!
- How are you, really?
A hell of a lot better than I was a week ago, shit, WAY better than 4 months ago
2. How do you feel right now? What are you thinking about?
Pissed the fuck off. Some ignorant asshole coming onto my blog and saying some bullshit about shit SHE doesn’t know a fuck about. Bitch, stay the FUCK off my blog. That’s how I feel, really
3.What’s your favorite color?
PINK! Then RED followed closely by WHITE
4. What’s your favorite food?
Food in general. I love my carbs. But mostly Dark chocolate. Dark chocolate is a food, right?? Are there Dark Chocolate Carbs?!
5. What’s your favorite dessert?
I don’t necessarily have a favorite dessert, but when I go to my favorite restaurant I get a Pomegranate Martini for dessert. That counts
6. How old are you?
7. What have you learned today?
Some people are ignorant assholes and only use one word search terms and then call people out only to make themselves look like bigger asses
8. What was your favorite subject in school?
Math-but NOT geometry-and Science tied
9. What do you do?
I’m a mom and a CNA-Certified Nurse’s Assistant and I have worked for 15 years in the long-term healthcare field
10. What are some of your favorite books?
Outlander Series, Dresden Files, The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo Series, Twilight Series, Hunger Games Series, Lord of The Rings and The Hobbit
11. What are some of your favorite movies?
Blade, Fried Green Tomatoes, Steel Magnolias, The Piano, LOTR and The Hobbit, Strictly Ballroom, Priscilla Queen of the Desert
12. What kind of music are you into?
Right now I’m on an alternative kick, but I like a little bit of everything-but NOT COUNTRY. NONONONONO
13. If you were going to write a book, what would you call it and what would it be about?
My Life Through Hell and Sunshine, and it would be about my journey through Bipolar Disorder
14. What’s one of the scariest things you’ve ever done?
Went to Florida on my own
15. What accomplishment are you most proud of?
My kids, My GED and my CNA all tied
16. Are you married?
17. How did you meet your spouse / girlfriend / boyfriend?
18. Do you think it’s better to get married when you’re young or better to wait a while?
I think to each their own. There’s no timetable on when it is the right time. When you know, you know
19. Do you have any kids?
20. Have you ever thought of adopting?
21. When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
Some kind of Scientist or Physicist. That shit is just badass
22. How did you get into health care?
My best friend was accepted into the Nursing Program at ISU as an incoming Freshman, and I wanted to be a nurse, and I heard of the nurses that took care of my Grampa when he was at home on Hospice and I wanted to be that too.
23. Would you recommend healthcare for other people? Why / Why not?
No. It’s not easy. It takes a HELL of a lot of physical and mental work, and it’s not like you can just drop it at the door when you get home after you lose a resident. That shit affects you no matter how hard of heart you are.
24. What do you do for fun?
Midnight movie premiers, drive-ins, driving anywhere for the fuck of it, concerts
25. Do you like traveling?
Yes, but I’ve never travelled outside of the U.S.
26. If you could visit any country in the world, where would you go?
Tie between Italy, Greece (I love Greek Mythology) New Zealand and Australia (Hobbit and LOTR…I see a pattern here)
27. Who are some people you’d like to meet someday?
Eminem, The Dalai Lama, Linkin Park, and The Volatile Femmes, Surviving The Spector, and The Reluctant Parent
28. If someone asked you to give them a random piece of advice, what would you say?
Depends on what they are doing…but my motto lately is “A Life Lived In Fear Is A Life Half Lived”
29. What’s one of your favorite habits you have?
Singing in the car
30. What are some things that make you really happy?
Clothes dried on the line that smell like sunshine, fall, watching my kids grow, my dog, my personal growth, cinnamon candy and gum and popcorn jelly beans
31. What are some things that make you really sad?
Missing my Gramma when I need her advice, watching my Grampa fiddle with all this stuff and the tractor, driving to Lafayette to see Ma and Pa
32. What are some things that scare you?
Scary movies, living alone, not being stable, failing my kids, having no fear at times
33. Do you like to plan things out in detail or be spontaneous?
Spontaneous Free Spirit right here!
34. Are you a religious person?
No, I don’t believe in organized religion, but I believe there are higher powers out there that are WAY bigger than us
35. If you could go back in history, who would you like to meet?
Right now it’s Shakespeare since I’m reading his works, and Elizabeth I
36. Would you rather live in the country or in the city?
The country if I can get WiFi, if not, gimmie the beach and WiFi
37. What was your life like growing up?
Lonely, with TONS of cousins to play with-contradictory, I know
38. What were you like in high school?
A geeky and friendly girl who didn’t take anyone’s shit
39. Do you have any brothers or sisters? How many?
I have one sister, and she’s my best friend ❤
40. What’s your favorite part about today so far?
Right now because it’s fucking quiet finally
41. Who in your life has influenced you the most? How did they do it?
My Gramma. No matter how bad things got, she was always happy, and she was a fighter. I recently found out that she was mostly probably Bipolar, and that’s why she was my biggest supporter because she always wanted the best for me when I doubted myself.
42. What’s your favorite joke?
I can’t remember how it goes…
43. Have you ever tried sushi? (Did you like it?)
Yes-I was pregnant and No I did NOT like it
44. Do you like spicy food?
Depends on the shade of the spice-yes I said SHADE
45. How do you like your steak cooked?
46. Do you have a favorite number? Any particular reason why you like that number?
2 and it’s the day I was born
47. If you were a type of animal, what would you be and why?
A Wolf. Because I am kindhearted and gentle and loving, but I can be relentless when someone fucks with someone I care about deeply or love. People assume I’m a doormat because I am open, but I’m not fucking stupid
48. What’s one of the strangest things you’ve ever done?
Had sex on the hood of a Corvette in a neighborhood with the floodlight on
49. What kind of vacations do you like?
I haven’t been on one since I was a little girl so I don’t even know anymore
50. What are some of your major goals in life?
To have stability, to find someone who can handle me and have compassion and empathy for me and my Bipolar, to see my kids graduate and go to college and move to Florida
51. What are some of your smaller goals in life?
To stay properly medicated and get this shoulder shit fixed ASAP and look for another job and eventually be able to get divorced
52. What do you like least about yourself?
53. What embarrasses you?
Can’t think of anything right off-hand
54. If you could try out any job for a day, what would you like to try?
CEO of a Big Pharma Company-so I can kick their idiotic asses
55. What’s your earliest memory?
Being burned by a cigarette
56. What’s the best decision you ever made?
This one might ruffle some feathers but y’all know I’m honest-to terminate a pregnancy. I was so very very ill that I saw myself dying and leaving 2 children without their mother.
57. Who’s your best / closest friend?
Tie between my Sister and BBF in Alaska
58. What do you think people think of you?
I think people find me intimidating because of my honesty, call it like I see it and I’m not afraid to say anything
59. What were your grades like in school?
60. If you could learn one random skill, what would you learn?
Gardening so I won’t kill anymore plants, or maybe auto mechanic skills…
61. Are you an introvert or an extrovert?
Wow, seriously?! Extrovert obviously
62. Have you ever taken a personality test? (How did the results turn out?)
Way long time ago, and I have no fucking clue I can’t remember back that far
63. What’s the first thing you notice about people?
Their wariness of others
64. Do you think people can control their own destiny?
65. Do you think all people are equally valuable, or do you think some people in certain situations might be more valuable than others (say, a severely retarded patient vs. a doctor who could potentially save hundreds of lives)?
I had to think about this one a little bit. I think there is beauty in those that people find broken. Those are the most valuable because they can teach us more than any educated asshole out there. And a doctor can only save lives if they aren’t arrogant about it. It needs to come from a good place, and helping and healing place, not just because they HAVE to.
66. Do you think people are basically bad or basically good?
I think people are basically stupid and ignorant and have forgotten how to use their brains effectively to make the right decision. There are good and bad people, but as a whole, we’re idiotic robots that believe everything because mass media and Google and Wikipedia say so.
67. Do you think morals are universal or relative to the beliefs, traditions, and practices of individuals or groups?
I think people have forgotten morals period. I don’t think they are universal, because if they were, wouldn’t the world be less shit than it is? But I also believe that morals can be twisted by groups to fit their belief system. Again, we as a whole have forgotten how to think for ourselves and be individuals.
68. Do you think God exists?
Sticky question…I think everyone is entitled to their own belief of a God, Gods, Goddesses and/or Higher Powers. I personally don’t believe in a Christian God that created the universe as I am of a Scientific mind, but I do think there is something bigger than me out there other than us.
69. Do you think any kind of afterlife exists?
No, I think if you can’t get it right, then we are reincarnated until we do
70. Do you vote? Why / Why not? If you do vote, how do you usually vote?
Yes I do, because then I can say I voted and I have a right to bitch about how shit isn’t going the way those mother fuckers said they were going to change things. I vote on who I think will least fuck shit up.
71. Do you think gay people choose to be gay? Do you think straight people choose to be straight?
This is touchy for me. No, I don’t think we chose to be gay or straight. I think it is in our DNA and Genes and we are predestined to love who we love as we wish. Gay, Straight, Transgender doesn’t mean shit to me. People are people and should be allowed to love and marry as such.
72. Is torture ever a good option? If no, why not? If yes, when?
Fuck no it’s not. Because Karma, that’s why
73. Would you kill an innocent person if you thought it might mean saving a dozen other people?
Nope. It is not my place to take a life even if it means saving others, unless I am sacrificing myself then I’ll do that shit in a heartbeat
74. What’s the most money you’ve ever given away?
Given away? Maybe $20. I’ve never had the financial stability to do that
75. What’s the biggest personal change you’ve ever made?
Accepting my diagnosis of Bipolar 1 and actively participating in my therapy-medication and talk therapy, and then admitting when I need help when I’m all fucked up
76. What’s the stupidest thing you’ve ever done?
Buying a car while manic
77. What do you think would be one of the best steps we could take toward ending poverty around the world?
Stop letting men run the world
78. What do you think we could do to best improve the education system?
Stop letting men run the world
79. In general, what do you think about art?
I think it’s amazing that someone can create something without an actual visual guideline. I’m quite jealous of people who can create art. I also think that art can be interpreted many ways and that’s what makes it even cooler.
80. What are some of your favorite websites?
81. What’s the biggest turnoff in a man/woman?
Arrogance. Seriously I could hit someone in their mouth for that shit. It’s a trigger for me
82. What’s the biggest lie you’ve ever told?
That my Gramma had a stroke and was in Intensive Care so I wouldn’t have to go to work
83. What’s something most people don’t know about you?
I wanted to me a Marine Biologist after seeing the movie Free Willy, and I can STILL write a Badass essay-got an A++ on my Chernobyl Essay in science class in 7th grade
84. What’s something you wish everyone knew about you?
That behind all my humor I am scared to death of letting people in
85. What are some of the first things you do in the morning?
Look at the clock on my phone and wonder why the fuck I’m awake…then cover my head to get more sleep only to be accosted by May, so then I get up and go pee
86. What’s the worst thing that’s ever happened to you?
Being molested by my Dad’s co-worker and the feeling of utter powerlessness I had at 9
87. Do you cry easily?
Fuck yes I do
88. How do you feel about public speaking?
Nervous, then I just go in there and charm the pants off people
89. Do you like to talk on the phone?
I love it
90. How many emails do you get each week, roughly?
Fuck if I know. I have so many blog updates I get and comments and emails from blog friends…I don’t even bother to count
91. If someone were to make a movie about your life, who would you hope would play you?
92. What’s one of your favorite questions to ask new friends or to get a conversation going?
Depends on the place that I’ve met said new friend. Mostly it’s along the lines of “I cuss like a sailor and I don’t give a fuck. How’s your day?”
93. Would you ever sky dive or bungee jump?
Hell yes to both
94. Have you ever been in a fist fight?
Nope and I don’t ever plan too unless I’m defending my children, then all bets are off
95. What’s the best prank you’ve ever pulled?
Putting my stuffed cat on my great aunt’s foot stool and watched her freak the fuck out because it looks so life-like
96. What did you do on your 16th birthday?
I don’t fucking remember…maybe color guard practice?
97. What do you think is one of the most undervalued professions right now?
Nurse and Stay at home parents are tied. Both sacrifice and don’t get any appreciation or a fucking thank you for all that they do
98. How would you explain your basic life philosophy?
No matter what, love. It doesn’t matter what’s going on in the world, you can always find light in the dark, love in the hate, happiness in the sadness. Don’t let shit consume you and make you bitter. Life is meant to be lived and enjoyed, not work yourself to death for what? I nice house and a nice car and all kinds of material shit? Fuck that. Families need each other, and memories should be made. Just fucking LIVE and LOVE.
99. Would you rather be hated or forgotten?
Hated, because then I know I’d made a fucking impact on this planet
100. If you knew you would die tomorrow, would you feel cheated today?
No, because I have been as honest to myself as I can be, and I have lived the best I could no matter all the fucked up and great stuff in my life. I have 2 beautiful children, and I fell in love. Those can’t be taken from my heart.
So there you go. The deeper side of Sass.